‘IB has taught me to be resourceful when it comes to gathering information because it has shown me the plethora of knowledge that so many fields have to offer..It has also taught me to be critical when it comes to processing the information I have gathered. These skills are extremely useful for university because you have to take on the initiative independently and thoroughly since there isn't necessarily a teacher or someone who will tell you exactly where to look’. ~ Jida Akil, Esol Graduate
We are currently a candidate school with the IB, but currently able to implement the PYP and MYP. We align to English National Curriculum standards in English, Mathematics and Science.
Fairgreen’s vision, “to be an exemplary learning community that promotes purposeful and innovative solutions for a sustainable world” is perfectly aligned with the International Baccalaureate® which aims:
to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect".
The IB continuum of international education for 3-19 year olds is unique in its approach. The programmes challenge students to excel in their studies and in their personal development, inspiring a quest for learning throughout life that is marked by enthusiasm and empathy. The IB aspires to help schools develop well-rounded students with character:
- Students who can respond to challenges with optimism and an open-mind;
- Students confident in their own identities;
- Students who make ethical decisions;
- Students who join with others in celebrating our common humanity;
- Students who are prepared to apply what they learn in real-world, complex and unpredictable situations.
The IB offers high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision. An IB education is informed by the values described in the learner profile and:
- Centres on learners – the IB’s student-centred programmes promote healthy relationships, ethical responsibility and personal challenge
- Develops effective approaches to teaching and learning – IB programmes help students to develop the attitudes and skills they need for both academic and personal success in the 21st century
- Works within global contexts – IB programmes increase understanding of languages and cultures, and explore globally significant ideas and issues
- Explores significant content – IB programmes offer a curriculum that is broad and balanced, conceptual and connected.
IB learners strive to become inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective. These attributes of internationally minded people represent a broad range of human capacities and responsibilities that go beyond intellectual development and academic success.
For more information, visit http://www.ibo.org/
All students enrolled in Grades 3 through 8 will be required to bring a fully charged iPad on a daily basis, as part of their normal school supplies. We strongly recommend the following specifications for the iPad to ensure a consistent learning setup and a rich experience for students:
- iPad 9.7 (WiFi, 32 GB or 128 GB, the new 6th generation iPad) - Required for Students
- Apple Pencil, Keyboard, iPad Cover options, AppleCare*. - Optional Items