‘IB has taught me to be resourceful when it comes to gathering information because it has shown me the plethora of knowledge that so many fields have to offer..It has also taught me to be critical when it comes to processing the information I have gathered. These skills are extremely useful for university because you have to take on the initiative independently and thoroughly since there isn't necessarily a teacher or someone who will tell you exactly where to look’. ~ Jida Akil, Esol Graduate
Fairgreen International School intends to offer the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Continuum; which comprises the Primary Years Programme (PYP), Middle Years Programme (MYP), the Diploma Programme (DP) and the Career-Related Programme (CP).
We are currently a candidate school with the IB, able to implement the PYP and MYP from opening day. We will apply for candidacy to offer the DP and CP, during our opening months.
Fairgreen’s vision, “to be an exemplary learning community that promotes purposeful and innovative solutions for a sustainable world” is perfectly aligned with the International Baccalaureate® which aims:
The IB continuum of international education for 3-19 year olds is unique in its approach. The programmes challenge students to excel in their studies and in their personal development, inspiring a quest for learning throughout life that is marked by enthusiasm and empathy. The IB aspires to help schools develop well-rounded students with character:
- Students who can respond to challenges with optimism and an open-mind;
- Students confident in their own identities;
- Students who make ethical decisions;
- Students who join with others in celebrating our common humanity;
- Students who are prepared to apply what they learn in real-world, complex and unpredictable situations.
The IB offers high-quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision. An IB education is informed by the values described in the learner profile and:
• Centres on learners – the IB’s student-centred programmes promote healthy relationships, ethical responsibility and personal challenge
• Develops effective approaches to teaching and learning – IB programmes help students to develop the attitudes and skills they need for both academic and personal success in the 21st century
• Works within global contexts – IB programmes increase understanding of languages and cultures, and explore globally significant ideas and issues
• Explores significant content – IB programmes offer a curriculum that is broad and balanced, conceptual and connected.
IB learners strive to become inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective. These attributes of internationally minded people represent a broad range of human capacities and responsibilities that go beyond intellectual development and academic success.For more information, visit http://www.ibo.org/